The "RECYCLE - CHANGE SOLAR WATER HEATER" Program at https://allazothermosifona.gov.gr/ which grants households to replace energy - consuming Electric Heaters with new modern technology Solar Heaters.
The Program includes:
- Subsidy for the purchase of a new Solar Water Heater of modern technology.
- Subsidizing the cost of carrying out the necessary additional work to replace the old Electric Water Heater with the new Solar Water Heater (e.g. transportation costs, installation of the New Solar Water Heater or removal of the old Water Heater, consumables & accessories, etc.)
- The mandatory delivery of the old electric water heater to the retailer from whom the new Solar Water Heater is supplied.
- Old Electric Water Heaters with a capacity of at least 40 liters are accepted for replacement.
- It is not possible to subsidize a new Solar Water Heater without the parallel delivery of the old Electric Water Heater.
- The grant is provided through Program vouchers, which can be used at approved Program Suppliers and cover part of the total cost of the relevant products/services.
- Beneficiaries and conditions: It is noted that in order to be able to subsidize the purchase of a new solar water heater, it is mandatory to withdraw the old water heaters that are being replaced for recycling.
Water heaters to be recycled should:
To be functional before their withdrawal, which will be confirmed after a general visual inspection.
Before their replacement, they must be placed in the residence declared in the financing application.
To be electric water heaters with a capacity of ≥ 40 litres.
The subsidy rates:
- The subsidy is up to 60% of the purchase cost of each new solar water heater.
- Each beneficiary will receive a voucher, which they can redeem at a supplier of their choice.
- Installation costs are also included in the maximum grant amount for the beneficiaries.
- The final value of each check depends on the characteristics of the solar water heater (hot water tank capacity) and its purchase price.
The "RECYCLE-CHANGE RADIATORS" Program subsidizes households for the replacement of energy-consuming Electric Heaters with new modern technology Solar Heaters.
To participate in the Program:
- Submit a Funding Application through the Program's online platform.
- If your application is approved, proceed to issue your checks through the Program's electronic platform. Checks will also be sent to you via SMS. The first check will be used to purchase a new Solar Water Heater, while the second can subsidize the cost of performing additional work to replace the old Electric Water Heater with the new Solar Water Heater (e.g. transportation costs, installation of the New Solar Water Heater, or removal of the old water heater, consumables & accessories etc.).
How to use your checks:
- Select a retailer participating in the Program from which to purchase your new Solar Water Heater.
- Proceed to order and submit the check for the product to cover part of the purchase cost (your check will be held by the merchant in question). If the same dealer also undertakes the replacement work with his own workshops, you also hand him the second check that will cover part of the cost of the additional services.
- Upon receipt of the product, proceed to uninstall the old Electric Water Heater and install the new Solar Water Heater. As long as you choose an independent plumber who also participates in the Program for these jobs (that is, as long as the work has not been undertaken by the dealer), you can give them the second check that will cover part of the cost of the additional services.
For the subsidy on both the purchase of the product and the additional work to apply, you must return the old Electric Water Heater to the retailer where you purchased the new Solar Water Heater.
Come to our store, choose your new solar water heater with our help and we...
... we take care of all the rest!
- Scheduling transportation and delivery
- Uninstalling an old electric water heater
- Installation of a new solar water heater
- Collection and recycling of an old electric water heater
- Free recycling of old electric water heater
and a €20 recycling coupon for your next purchase worth €100 or more.
The Program is financed by NSRF – Operational Program Transport Infrastructure, Environment and Sustainable Development.
With the co-financing of Greece and the European Union